Tuesday, July 5, 2011

little pieces of poetry.

just a few small glimpses into my heart when it was broken by both my family and by michael.

stone cold backs have turned to me.
while i search for someone to turn to.
he left us hanging, didn't he?
but i got lost while you got free
the unknown knows all, doesn't he?
you say he has a plan
i'm still waiting to see.
you follow him, i'll make my own light.
maybe someday you'll see the world through my eyes.
i do n't want to say this, but we both know it's true.
it's been so nice to have known you.
oh, it's been so nice knowing you.
i'll never forget the sky and the same.
the mice and the mud and holding your hand.
the kisses goodnight, i'm wrongs and you're rights
have made it so nice knowing you.
i never meant to say this, but we both know it's true.
it's been so nice to have known you
oh, it's been so nice knowing you.


you say you need a girl with flowers in her hair
her world in swirling colors
sings along with jerry
your new best friend's a gentleman
from way down in kentucky
my new best friend's a lady
turns out she ain't so lucky


i fell. you just got lifted.
so alive. now you've shifted.


i've got a whole heart to give you,
but that was nothin to you.
two hearts fell together and broke apart
from the start, you were trouble.


slow it down, baby, tell me again.
this beginning feels more like an end.
no one ever shook me
now i'm on the ground.
now you're so high and don't feel like comin down
i've always been the wanted, you've always been the crushed.
now we're hanging upside down
and there's nothing left of us.


i can feel it in my fingers.
the ones that fit between yours.
the ones that got tangled in your hair
as you drifted in and out of the stars
i can feel it in my toes
the same toes that tingled when you kissed me.
the toes that walked me through the trees
as you looked for a new planet to swim on.
i can feel it in my knees
the ones that i fell on and begged you, please baby don 't go.
the ones that gave out when you walked into my life
and when you walked back out the door.
i can feel it in my bones
the ones we rubbed together when it got dark
the ones you broke before you left me.
you've gotten to my core.
i can feel it in my heart
the one you stole with no intentions of giving it back.
the one i can't forget i'm living without.
when i lay me down to sleep
i feel it everywhere
the places you have seen
the places you will never see
because you never gave yourself the chance.


30 days of thunder
30 days of good morning
30 days of i won't forget you
30 days of earthquakes
30 days of heartaches
30 days of just go
30 days of please stay
30 days of my way
30 days of the highway
30 days of never again
30 days of one more time
30 days of last tries
30 days of second chances
30 days of i'm sorry baby
30 days of never forgetting
30 days of give
30 days of take
those 30 days of april
are 30 days of regret

No comments:

Post a Comment